Tuesday 2 February 2016

Our favourite highlighters!

As you may or may not know, we are both just obsessed with highlighters! We absolutely love the different glowy radiant effects that each one has. We never feel like our makeup is complete without a bit of highlight on, and over time we've both worked up quite a stash! So, we thought we'd share with you our favourite highlighters - ranging from cream, powder and liquid.



Ellie's faves


________________________________________________________________________



First up is this liquid highlighter from MAC. This is actually from Ellie Goulding's range that she recently released. I find this highlighter really great for if you just want a subtle healthy glow. It is super pigmented too so you only need a little drop of it for it to look amazing! It's a beautiful rose pink colour as well, which is super for achieving a natural makeup look. You can purchase it here.


In one word, this highlighter is AMAZING! Both Abby and I have this and we both adore it! It's from the fairly new high street makeup brand; Makeup Revolution. As it's a baked powder, it means it's really easy to dust on over your powder with no worries. It is ridiculously pigmented - which means it lasts for so long! I absolutely love the metallic gold colour that this highlighter produces. I especially love wearing this one when I have fake tan on because it is a warmer tone so suits tanned skin really well! You can purchase it here.


I purchased this highlighter just a few months back, and it's definitely become an all time favourite of mine. This is the Glow Pot in the shade "Polish" from Topshop. I heard so many good reviews about this, so when I went to Topshop I tested it and instantly fell in love! It is a gorgeous champagne/rose gold colour. I absolutely love how the light hits it when you're wearing it, it makes it look even more amazing! This is a cream highlighter so I never tend to powder before putting this on as it can make your base go a bit funny, however I've never had any troubles with it and wear it almost every single day! You can purchase it here.



Here are three highlighters that are included in the Makeup Revolution "Ultra Contour" palette. This is a great palette which I use pretty much every single day! The one I use the most is probably number 1, it's a pearl pink shade with a stunning metallic finish. Number 2 I was a bit more reluctant to use as it was a different colour to any highlighter's I'd used before! However, I was pleasantly surprised and it is a beautiful cool white/silvery tone which is stunning! It looks great on the inner corner of my eyes as well, almost doubling up as a white eye shadow! Number 3 is a lovely champagne colour with pink marbling running through it, which is perfect if you want more of a blush makeup finish. These colours are perfect on their own, but also to sweep on top of a liquid or a cream highlighter to give it that extra shine! You can purchase this palette here


Abby's faves


'Love at First Blush' - Soap and Glory
First of all I must say how much of a fan I am of good blush as well as good highlighter, and this product works amazingly for both. I've had this for nearly 2 years now would you believe, and use it frequently, so there's no question as to how worth the money it is. I'm pretty sure they've even changed the packaging slightly since I got it! I use it mostly in the day as it isn't as strong as some of the other highlighters, but it adds a natural glow which is perfect especially for days when the sun comes out. You can purchase it here.




Makeup Revolution's 'Golden Sugar' aka my absolute favourite thing in the world!
The photo on the right is of the bright white highlighter which is the main shade that I use strictly to highlight, however most of the other shades do have a certain 'sparkle' to them as well which is amazing. As with the Soap and Glory product, I love this as it acts as a blush as well as highlighter. I only recently bought it and have not stopped using it! The two shades at the end that have less shimmer can be used as a base for contour/bronzer as well which helps a lot in creating a defined look. You can purchase it here.



The 'Speedy Highlighter' from Collection is one of the first highlighters I bought and a trusty favourite of mine. I use it after applying foundation but before powder and it is more creamy than a powder highlighter. I would definitely say that this can be used for both day and night looks, it simply depends how much you put on and whether you powder over the top! As it was only £3.99 and I was so impressed with it, I also picked up their 'speedy blush' which is a dark tone perfect for winter in the shade 'pinch me', and apply it in the same way. You can purchase the highlight stick here.

____________________________________________

Ellie and Abby x


No comments:

Post a Comment